Saturday 30 January 2010

Hello and thanks for reading this far. This is as good as it will get.

I've been meaning to start a blog for years but as usual I haven't, procrastination being my unwieldy middle name. But here it finally is. This first one will be all about me, as will all the others probably, that's the point isn't it?

I'm name is Philip but everyone calls me Phil, apart from my girlfriend and my parents. I'm 42 and live in Lancashire in the north of the UK. I have lived and worked within a 20 miles radius all my life.
My job is, well, a job. I've worked for 20 years in a microbiology laboratory in the baby food industry for an American food giant with the initials H, J and Heinz. If that sounds at all interesting, don't be fooled, it's not.

My interest are the usual.(This is beginning to sound like the worst C.V ever)
Reading, films(not movies,I'm either old fashioned,English or both) theatre,television and lately I seem to spend a lot of time on twitter, of which more anon, maybe.

And we just got a dog.

What more can I tell you? Let's keep an air of mystery going shall we? Just in case I ever get round to doing this again.

So, what do you think? Please be gentle with me or I'll have to go and hide in a corner of the Internet.

And thanks again for your time.

11 comments:

Robin said...

I love it! It's a wonderful first post and brought a smile to my face immediately!

Welcome to the world of Bloggers, we're very glad to have you!!

Looking forward to reading all about you in the posts to come!

Robin xxx

@veraclaythorne said...

Huzzah, hurrah, and hip hip hooray! Welcome to the insanity and inanity, my dear sir!

Looking forward to all future posts.

Best of luck...

Uli said...

Congrats to Blogpost number on! May there be thousand follow-ups :-)

Derry said...

Nicely done Phil. It's so interesting to find out about people you only have brief online contact with.
I haven't even thought of doing a blog, so I'm no expert, but I thought it absolutely rad, old chap! Informative and laced with your usual fine humour and wit (how's my bar tab looking?).
Your job sounds as though it might have a lot of variety, btw.
Cheers Phil, nice one!

ozgirl said...

Hi Phil, Well done on starting!
I've done a couple of journal entries on LJ,but find it much more entertaining reading all the #frys tweeps' stuff instead.
I look forward to more bloggy goodness from you! :)

Simon Bennett said...

Welcome to the light side!! I found myself with the same apprehensions about blogging when I started. What do I write about? When do I write it? How much of myself should I reveal?

These questions will answer themselves in time - they certainly did for me - and this will hopefully become a very fulfilling thing for you.

I look forward to reading more in the future.

travelmaus said...

Wonderful start ! And nice to meet you ;) You've done better than me. I started a blog ages ago and never seem to find time to continue it and WAY too afraid to let others read it ! Looking forward to more :)

Russell Willis said...

Great start, Phil!
Frank & Honest!
Actually telling your readers about yourself, seems such an obvious start! I managed to completely ignore that! *Dohh*.

I suspect that there will be plenty more to come from you?!
I eagerly await the next installment!
Nice to know a fellow novice blogger!!
:)

Vero said...

My fluffiest friend now has the fluffiest blog ever!!! Muchas Gracias for sharing alittle bit of you!! And believe me I look C.V.s all the time and this one is the best by far !!! upps wasnt suppose to be a CV :P.

Love u my fluffy friend and will be waiting for you next post!

@justVero

Erin said...

Thank you for your new beginnings, and old meanderings. May I call you, "Phillipe?" Of course not. I don't know why I really bother. Your style and grace are surely to be coveted, and I look ever forward, but not so far as to possibly miss your next postings, save perhaps the one regarding The Archers, about whom or which (I'm not too sure) I know nothing, as I am but an ignorant unyielding, freewheeling American Bagist with a pet pseudo-monkey. I love you all the same, and look upward and slightly to the left with great anticipatory enchantment.

Yours, Erin

Anonymous said...

We addicts finally got you hooked. You'll never be free now;)

Good posts, looking forward to reading more of your posts. Nice to know more about you too.